Review management means taking steps to improve your online reputation by managing the reviews potential customers read. With the evolution of smartphone technology and the subsequent increase in customer adoption of online reviews, the power of reputation has been amplified dramatically and can’t be ignored. Research shows just how important online reputation is to customers:
Review management stats – the proof is in the numbers
97% of customers search online to find a local business
– 95% aged 18-34 read online reviews for local businesses
– 85% trust online local reviews as much as personal recommendation
– About 95% of customers read reviews before making a purchase. (Powerreviews)
– 93% of customers will read reviews of local businesses to determine its quality. (BrightLocal)
– 72% of customers won’t take buying actions until they’ve read reviews. (Testimonial Engine)
– Given two products with similar ratings, consumers are more likely to buy the one with more reviews. (Psychological Science)
In our next blog post we will share best practices for getting and handling your customer reviews.
Want more positive reviews for your business? Get started here.